Ph.D. Vitomira Loncar, Assistant Professor
Name and surname: Vitomira Lončar
Date, place and country of birth: 7 April 1959, Zagreb, Croatia
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Philosofy, Zagreb, PhD, Teatrology and dramaturgy, 2011
Academy of Drama Arts, Film and Television in Zagreb, 1981
2015. - National Arts Management Intensive: Croatia, DeVos institut, Washington D.C., SAD (2013-2015)
2014 - E-lerning Course designer, profesional certificat
2013 - E-Learning Tutor, professional certificat
2011 - TQ Trainer, professional certificat
2008 - professional upgrading as Research Associate at ICOM Centre for research in information, computing and communication at Royal Holloway, London, UK
2007 - completed the course "Power reading" at "Inoptimum" School
2006 - completed the seminar "Strategic Planning" under Sanjin Dragojević, PhD
2006 - completed the course "Management of Projects" at "Infokatedra" School
2006 - completed the course "Time management" at "Inoptimum" School
2006 - completed the course "Access" at "Infokatedra" School
Vitomira Loncar is a well-know actress, working in theatre, film and television. She is also a founder of the Theatre "Mala Scena", together with her husband Ivica Simic.
She enacted about sixty roles in theatre, on film and television and was rewarded for them (3 Croatian Theatre Rewards, Zlata Paličica Reward at International Festival in Ljubljana, Slovenia, Golden Laughter Reward at Satire Days, Debutant Reward at Film Festival in Niš, Serbia).
She produced about seventy theatrical plays, the Milk-tooth Festival, Playwrights Forum in Opatija and Mostar, B&H; she is founder and executive producer of Epicentre.
From 2000 to 2002, Senior Research Fellow at SANE project within the Information and Communications Management Group of the Royal Holloway School of Management in London, UK.
In 2009 she took part in the SWAN Innovation Project Videoconferencing Usability for the Virtual Classroom as Senior Research Advisor.
She produced international projects: Borges (multicultural project, Phillipines, 2006), IFdentity (intercultural project, Spain, 2008), Superhero (intercultural project, National Theatre Seoul, Korea, 2012)
Since 2005, teaching at the Department of Production - Academy of Drama Arts, Film and Television in Zagreb, since 2008 as assistant professor.
According to decision of the President of the Republic of Croatia, decorated by the Order of Croatian Danica with the figure of Marko Marulić, for special cultural merit.
Member of Croatian Association of Dramatic Artists (its vice-president in 2001), Croatian ASSITEJ Centre, Croatian ITI Centre, Croatian Freelance Artists' Association and Theatre Epicentre, within which she founded the Net of independent theatres and theatre companies in the Republic of Croatia and European Expert Network on Culture (EENC) (http://www.eenc.info/).
Member of Expert Commission for recognizing the right of paid retirement and social security benefit taxes for freelance artists with the Croatian Freelance Artists' Association.
- Theatre in Croatia and Young People (1950-2007), magazine Kazalište 33/34, Zagreb 2008
- Theatre Law 2006, Organizational Development and Strategic Planning in Culture: The City of Zagreb, Zagreb 2008
- Transition from Theatre Houses to Theatres - legislative and practical aspects, Proceedings of Theatre in Action, Istarsko narodno kazalište, Pula 2009za
- The Audience in the Theatre for Children, magazine Kazalište 39/40, Zagreb 2010
- Freelance Artists, Zagreb 2010, within the research project "Croatian Theatre Magazines 1941-2005", project leader Boris Senker, PhD, Faculty of Arts and Letters in Zagreb, project code: 130-2641300-1036, project type: Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, Republic of Croatia
- The Last Straw, Part one, Biblioteka Mala scena, 2012
- Theatre Transition in Croatia Meandarmedia, 2012
- Freelancers, in: Književna republika, Zagreb, year XI, January-March 2013., Nr. 1-3, 97-115
- The Last Straw, Part two, Biblioteka Mala scena, 2013
- The Last Straw, Part three, Biblioteka Mala scena, 2015
- The Last Straw, Part four, Biblioteka Mala scena, 2016
Writings published abroad:
- Theatre in Transition in Croatia - Legal Aspects, magazine Scena, Novi Sad, Serbia 2008
- The Challenges of Practice in teaching Theatre production in Croatia, in Anthology of Essays by Faculty of Dramatic Arts, Belgrade, Serbia, 201-209
- Vitomira Lončar, Što će biti s nama, dal' to netko zna..?, Mediantrop, Beograd, Serbia, May 27, 2013
- Lončar, V i dr. (2013) , Multiculturalism and interculturalism in theatre - opportunities and challenges, in Zbornik radova sa Šestog međunarodnog interdisciplinarnog simpozijuma Susret kultura održanog 1. decembra 2011. godine na Filozofskom fakultetu u Novom Sadu (str. 111. - 121.) Knjiga 1.
- Dragojević, Sanjin; Lončar, Vitomira (2013) Leadership in Arts and Culture in Croatia and Paradigm Shift in Cultural Policy and Management Yearbook 2012-2013; Dossier Cultural Change-Makers edited by Philipp Dietachmair, Istanbul Bilgi University Press 450, Cultural Studies 10, ISBN 978-605-399-328-5 Istanbul, Turkey
- Vitomira Lončar, Theatre Gerila in Croatia, Mediantrop, Beograd, Serbia, 8, November 2014
- Vitomira Loncar, Multikulturalizam u kazalištu, Mediantrop, Beograd, Srbija, 10/11, 2015.
Her favourite role is Annie in The Real Thing by Tom Stoppard.
She is the mother of Buga Marija Simic and wife of Ivica Simic.
Theatre Mala scena